Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Marlee's Baby Room

It might have been the day after I found out I was going to be a Gramma to a little girl that I decided to give up my den, a decision that I was happy to make since I wasn't using the room anymore.
 Now my little Marlee has her own room at Grammy and Grandpa's house.
 
Here's how it started:
First I had to cover up the red walls



That took a couple coats of primer and paint... it was bittersweet... I loved my red walls... and it was a lot of painting to get them the right shade of red...






Once the red walls were painted pink and I started adding the special touches.
The theme was flowers and butterflies.





  
 
I had so much fun doing this room.....



Love the green ceiling with the pink!!!!




And all the pretty flowers!!


 
SO MUCH FUN!!!!!


 
I made curtains....
and a cornice box

 









 I painted my cabinets and little dresser to match the room...
notice the night light.....


the toybox (scored from work, someone throwing it away)..
and the wicker blinds were also painted



The best part... was her crib... I painted it black... and it came out great...

how about that light switch cover!!!

Here's a little video tour...
with a special shout out to my niece Amy who helped at the crucial time..
putting it all together...
just in time for the reveal at the
baby shower for mama,



I loved this project...
one of my favorites...
for my favorite grand daughter!!




My little sweetheart ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment